Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Food for thought

Paramahamsa Yogananda - A coal is a diamond that never gave up. Likewise, A saint is a sinner who never gave up. 
                    

Mark Twain - But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?
                         


Kahlil Gibran - The lust for comfort murders the passion of the soul.


Byron Katie - I have simply stopped arguing with reality. How do I know the wind should blow? It's blowing. How do I know this is the highest order? It's happening. Arguing with 'what is' is like teaching a cat to bark. It's not very fulfilling. I am my friend and no longer confused. The way I know that reality is good is that when I argue the point I experience tension, fear and frustration. I lose - not sometimes, but 100% of the time. It just doesn't feel natural inside: no balance, no connection. I want reality to change? Hopeless. Let me change my thinking. Some of us mentally argue with 'what is.' Others of us attempt to control and change 'what is,' and then tell ourselves and others that we actually had something to do with any apparent change that took place. This leaves no connection or room for God in my life. In the peaceful experience of no opposition to God, I remain aware of my nature: clear, vibrant, a friend, a listener.

Kahlil Gibran - You pray in your distress and in your need; Would that you might pray also in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance.

Sadhguru - When you become meditative, you will see, your intellectual capabilities will increase many times more than what it is right now. Not because meditation makes you intelligent, but because meditation clears up the mess, the muck that’s gathered on the glass of the flashlight. As your meditation deepens, it just clears up the muck more and more and the flashlight becomes more and more powerful. It shows you things more and more clearly.







No comments:

Post a Comment